Friday, June 27, 2008

A Year Full of Changes

I've been absent from my blog postings for a few weeks, so I thought I would at least post something tonight while I'm feeling up to it. The "night" sickness is slowing getting better, although I'm still super tired. I am usually in bed by 8pm-9pm so it's actually pretty amazing that it's almost 10pm and I'm still awake! For those of you who suggested Preggy Pops and Preggy Pop Drops -- they have been wonderful and definitely help -- thanks for the great tip!

We had our 12 week appointment last week and it went really well. It was amazing to see how much the baby had grown! Still can't tell if it's a boy or a girl, but we plan on finding out when it's time so I'll keep you posted. I haven't scanned in the last photos from the sonogram, so I'll try to do that soon and post those too.

We received some really BIG NEWS today that my DH (dear husband) has been selected to become an Officer in the Air Force! He has been working so hard on this next step in his career ever since he graduated from Mercer University last year. It's huge!! If you only knew how much paperwork he has had to complete to submit his "package" to become an officer...it's insane! We have had a few ups and downs through the process, but it was such a blessing to finally get confirmation that he was selected -- hooray!

Now for the crazy part... My DH will have to report to Officer Training School (OTS) on August 6th and will be there until he graduates as a 2nd Lieutenant on November 4. It's sad to think that he's going to miss 3 months of my pregnancy, but at least he will only be in Montgomery, AL (although I won't get to see him). Once he graduates and pins on as an Officer, we'll be moving a few days later. So, basically, we'll be moving the week of November 4th to either San Antonio, TX or Pensacola, FL so he can go through 10-12 months of Navigator training. Once that training is complete we will be given a new location assignment based on the aircraft he will be flying on and we'll be there 2-3 years.

We're both very excited about this opportunity, yet naturally a little nervous about all the drastic changes in such a short amount of time (separation for 3 months, moving to a new state, having a baby....)! God is in control, so we have complete faith that He will guide us and take care of us. It's just going to be a challenge, but I'm confident it will all work out just fine.

So...let the fun begin!

3 comments:

The Nichols Family said...

Stay strong Laura. I have been in your shoes twice. Moving 2 months before my first child was born to a new town where I knew no one. It will be fabulous for you. I didn't see it then, but I now know why the Lord moved us and the amazing things he had in store for us...and our first little one. He has a plan!
Living away from your husband is also challanging. The children and I lived away from Walter for about 3 months last year. It is difficult, but your marriage will be so much stronger, and you 2 will be closer than ever...God again is in charge with HIS plan. I will pray for you during this time and that the Lord will prepare friends for you (with little ones too) in your new home. Congratulations to your hubby and Good Luck!!!

Mary Craig said...

Wow! Congratulations to your Hubby! That is exciting! It will not be boring at your house, will it? :)

I'm glad you all won't be separated after the baby comes!

Jessica said...

Congrats to your husband Laura! I know that it will be crazy but I know you will handle it all well. I'll be praying for you. T