Monday, June 2, 2008

Morning Sickness = All Day Sickness

I'm not sure who coined the phrase "morning sickness." It's completely misleading. For me it's been more like an all day sickness. Today has been one of those days where I've felt overly exhausted and nauseous since I woke up this morning. It's not fun. Now, don't get me wrong. I know this is just a small price to pay for the bundle of joy that will arrive approximately 7 months from now. It's just draining and my dear husband (DH) has been so patient with my ups and downs. I have to admit that I'm so thankful the "morning sickness" is typically only supposed to last during the first trimester, which means I only have about 2 more weeks of it (yay!). I've tried to do my best to eat healthy today despite the nausea, but today's diet consisted of popsicles, crackers, ginger ale, grits and jello. I'm hopeful that I'll bounce back tomorrow so I can make it through a full day of work and find some healthier food choices for the growing baby.

I think I might try to eat a bowl of Cheerios before I go to bed...one of my most recent food cravings!

No comments: