Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Braces & A Wedding

I feel like I'm 15 again...I had an Orthodontist appointment this morning and I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would be able to get my braces off by the time my sister got married on August 2...(and why did I think braces were a good idea at my age?!?!)! Well, unfortunately the braces are here to stay for at least another month or two. They added "rubber bands" to my ensemble a few weeks ago to correct my slight overbite but apparently my teeth didn't move enough. So today they tightened the wires, made an appointment for me to return in 5 weeks and sent me on my way. Uugghh...I continue to look like a teenager!

So, now I'll not only look "pudgy" in my bridesmaids dress, but I'll also have braces! I'm not quite showing in my pregnancy yet - I'm just at the stage where my waist is expanding and I just look like I've hit the lunch buffet too many times. Thankfully, all eyes will be on my beautiful sister (the bride) and I'll just try to blend in as much as possible. It will be a fantastic weekend and I know I'm being selfish in my thinking. Truly, it won't matter what I look like since it's my sister's wedding day and I'll just smile real big so we all have something to laugh at when we show the photos to our kids in 10-15 years!

Speaking of children...I have my 16 week appointment on Thursday afternoon and I'm so anxious to see the sonogram and know that the baby is okay. Since I've gotten past the morning sickness and I'm feeling good, I don't really feel "pregnant" and just want to know everything is okay. I know it's normal to feel this way, so I'm counting down the days to Thursday! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that we might be able to tell what we're having...!!! If not, we'll try to make an appointment at 19 weeks right before my hubby leaves for training. I really want him to be there so we can share in the excitement together. We both keep going back and forth between whether or not we want a girl or a boy, but we truly just want a healthy baby!

1 comment:

lilsquirt said...

My husband, Rick, so wanted a boy first and I really wanted a girl - as you can see we got a boy! :) Couldn't love anything more than I love him - Will is such a precious little young man and he's growing up quickly! I think there's a difference in having a girl for the father's though - I think it opens up a whole different side to them - a softer side (if they don't already have that)! I know that's the way it was for my brother-in-law (Elizabeth's husband) - he so wanted a boy and got Emma and he couldn't love her more and she's got him wrapped around her little finger! :) Either way, like you said, all that matters is that it's a healthy baby! Can't wait to see what y'all are going to be having - we'll keep our fingers crossed that you'll be able to find out on Thursday! :)