Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life as a Family of 4

Words can't express how much I love being a Mother to our two beautiful children.  I had anticipated that it would be hard, and it is at times, but I honestly feel so blessed!  The months of July and August were a complete whirlwind for our family.  Ryan was TDY for the majority of both months, so I felt challenged at times as a "single Mom" while he was away.  We have settled into a very nice routine and I feel like our transition to a family of four has gone more smoothly than I expected.  Here are a few pictures we took of the children during those months...it's amazing to me how quickly they grow right before your eyes! 


Catherine - 1 month old

Matthew - July 4th weekend

There was a goat for sale in a local store in Japan -- it could be yours for 59,800 Yen or almost $800!

My favorite Japanese lunch from a place called Pepper Lunch -- it's rice, corn, steak, scallions, and freshly ground pepper that is served on a sizzling hot plate where you stir and "cook" your food.  It's delicious!

Sweet smiling Catherine

Matthew out in Tokyo

Thumbs up!  I like it!

Sitting on the back of a firetruck at a birthday party

My sweet baby boy!

Catherine's model pose  :)

I'm a happy girl!

This is a picture of Catherine at 2 1/2 months old wearing a baby blouse that I wore as a baby...she looks just like Matthew did at this age (see the photo below...).

Matthew at almost 3 months.  do you see the resemblance?

Pretty girl - 2 months old

Wearing one of my baby blouses

Look at all that beautiful red hair!!

1 comment:

Tyson, Kayla, Rylan and Reese said...

Love these pictures. Both of your babies are beautiful, you are a blessed woman!