Monday, October 20, 2008

A whirlwind of a month...

I’ve been out of town for the last 4 weekends, so please forgive me for being absent in my baby postings. It’s been a whirlwind of a month so I'll do my best to quickly recap...

My dear husband continues to do great things in Officer Training School and I am so very proud of him. He was chosen to be the "Wing Commander", which is the highest leadership position in the training program. He had to go through several interviews to be chosen and now "runs" the program of 190+ trainees. Can you tell I'm a proud wife?!! I was able to go visit him last weekend and words can't describe how special it was to be together after the last 2 months apart. We took a few photos -- notice my new haircut (I went in for a trim on Saturday morning before I left and ended up chopping it all off!). This is me at 29 weeks...




We only have 2 more weeks and then we'll finally be back together again. My last day at work is this Friday, October 24 and the movers are scheduled to come on October 28 & 29. I've been busy trying to get things organized for the move. I am so thankful that we sold our house and closed on it in mid-September. It will make it so much easier to tie up loose ends after the movers come and not have to worry about a closing date. We were blessed with a buyer who was kind enough to let me stay in the house and rent the last month and a half. God has been so good!

My best friends from high school put together a baby shower for me in Rock Hill, SC on October 4 and I was once again overwhelmed with everyone's generosity. I feel so blessed! I attached a few photos below. It was so wonderful to be at home for the weekend and to spend it with close friends!



No comments: