Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's been a crazy (but good) month!

I have been absent from my blog postings for almost a month, so I thought I should give a quick update on how we're doing. First, my pregnancy is going well and I feel great! It's amazing how different you feel from your 1st Trimester to your 2nd Trimester! I'll be 22 weeks on Tuesday and have my next doctor's appointment on September 2nd -- I can't wait to see how much our Little Man has grown!!!

The past month has been full of adventures, so I'll briefly recap so you know what we've been up to lately. My darling baby sister got married on August 2nd, and it was a whirlwind of a weekend! We had so much fun spending time with family and celebrating her marriage to a great guy! They moved to Columbia, SC where my sister is a 2nd grade teacher and her new hubby will begin Law School at USC.

A few days after we returned from the wedding, my sweet hubby left for Officer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama. He's basically in basic training for Officers, and is averaging 4 hours of sleep, marching, doing drills, getting yelled at, and has tons of academic work to complete with very little free time. Please keep him in your prayers!

It was hard to see him leave knowing that there is so much to be done here at home before our move at the beginning of November, but we know God will provide comfort and strength to us both while we are apart. And, so far, God has provided a huge blessing -- we put our house on the market to sell and it sold in 1 week!!! We close on September 15, but the new owner has agreed to let me "rent" the house from her until we move on October 31. Only God could orchestrate a miracle like that one -- especially with how rough the housing market has been this year!!!!

I'm staying busy with work and "projects" around the house. Our little man has become quite the kicker! It's the most amazing feeling when he starts to move around. Only a little over 4 months before we welcome him into the world! We still don't have a name picked out yet...but hopefully we can agree on one soon! I don't have a scanner at home, so I hope to find a friend who can help me scan some of our sonogram photos. I'll be sure to post some if/when that happens. In the meantime, he's a healthy baby boy and we feel so blessed that God would bring us this little miracle!

No comments: