Friday, July 9, 2010

Matthew's 1st Beach Trip

Matthew and I flew to South Carolina in June to spend a week at Surfside Beach with Nana and Aunt Sissy (AKA: my Mom and my Sister). This was my last trip “home” before we make the big move to Japan in August , so it was somewhat bittersweet for me. We were sad to leave Ryan in Little Rock, but knew he would have been with us if he didn’t have Navigator training obligations. It also happened to be Matthew’s first trip to the beach, so of course, I caught as much of it on camera as possible. It took a few days for Matthew to adjust to the sand and the waves, but once he got used to it, he really had a great time. Poppy (AKA: my Dad) met us at the beach towards the end of the week, and Matthew had a blast playing with him in the ocean! Overall, it was an amazing week with family!

Here are some of my favorite photos from our trip…

When we arrived in Charlotte, we stopped by to see my brother, David, at his office.  Matthew instantly loved being with him and held his hand as we walked through the parking lot. It was so sweet!

Matthew had lots to say on the beach.  I could barely get him to stop talking and smile for the camera!

Nana and Matthew took a walk one evening and I was able to capture some great pictures from our balcony.  It was really precious to see them walking in step with one another.


Matthew's "trick" of the week was that he discovered how to stick his finger up his nose!

This is one of my favorite photos. Matthew was getting ready for his bath and was super happy.  His smile and giggle just make my heart melt!

Cuddling with Nana!

Discovering seashells with Aunt Sissy!

Playing with Poppy in the ocean!

Our last night in Rock Hill, SC before heading back to Little Rock, AR.  Aunt Jennifer and Uncle David read Matthew his bedtime stories.  He was really comfortable snuggling on the couch with them!

1 comment:

Tyson, Kayla, Rylan and Reese said...

Looks like a great week! Matthew is so cute, good luck witht he upcoming move.