Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fun with Family (a little recap)

Living in Texas has made it hard for us to have quality time with family. Thankfully, we've been blessed to have family visit us on several occasions. Matthew and I were also fortunate enough to make the trip to SC in September and he was able to meet his Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. My Dad and my Grandmother (my Dad's Mom) both celebrate their birthday on September 13, so it was special to be there to celebrate with them. Matthew also loved having some time with his Aunts and Uncles. Here are a few photos of Matthew with his Nana, Poppy, GGma, and GGpa during our visit. God truly blessed our time together (but we sure did miss Ryan)!




After spending a wonderful week in SC, I was pleasantly surprised when my cousin, Christy, made plans to come visit. Christy and I have always been very close, so it meant so much to me that she made the trip all the way from New Jersey! She flew in the first weekend of October and we had such a great time! Matthew bonded with her instantly and it was definitely a treat to have more time with family. We are so blessed!







The gift of family time will continue in November - hooray! Ryan's parents are coming to stay with us for a week during Thanksgiving so we're sure to have lots to be thankful for while they are here. We feel so fortunate to have family who are willing to make the long trip here to Texas. It means so much to us and it's so important that Matthew have quality time with his family. God is so good and we are so thankful!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Aww I miss you guys soooo much! I'm so thankful that we were able to spend some time together!!! XOXO